The quality of your employee satisfaction survey results are obviously only as good as the questions you ask. At PeoplePulse, we see some fantastic results gained from HR surveys – straightforward and actionable data, gained from concise web-delivered questionnaires. It’s easy to find advice on survey question design, but sometimes difficult to translate that to practice, so today we check out 35 example questions to ask in a general staff feedback survey.
You may need to rephrase some of these questions to help them fit your preferred answer format, that is, subjective text-based responses, scale of agreement, scale of likeliness, etc, but they will hopefully give you a good starting point.
Essential work requirements
1. Do you understand our business’s overall goals?
2. Do you understand how your job contributes to the company’s strategic objectives?
3. Are the expectations that come along with your position clear to you?
4. Do you feel that you are paid adequately for your work?
Workplace culture quantifiers
5. Do you feel that genuine care and concern for others is evident in your workplace?
6. Do you feel that staff take responsibility for their actions?
7. Does your job have manageable levels of stress?
8. Do you feel that innovation is rewarded in your workplace?
9. Do different internal departments work well together?
10. Do you feel that your job requirements take adequate consideration of your personal and family life?
Physical job requirements
11. Do you have the space you need to adequately complete your work?
12. Do you have the tools and equipment you need (when necessary) to adequately complete your work?
Intangible job requirements
13. Do you have the information you need to adequately complete your work?
14. Do you have the skills/training you need to adequately complete your work?
15. Do you have the skilled help (other employees) that you need to adequately complete your work?
16.Do you feel that you have a voice in decisions regarding your work?
17. Do you feel that your manager/supervisor is approachable?
18. Do you feel that your supervisor carefully listens to and considers your comments and suggestions?
19. Do you feel that management makes full use of your skills and abilities?
20. Do you feel that your supervisor is a skilled planner and coordinator?
21. Do you feel that your supervisor is a skilled problem solver?
22. Do you receive regular, unbiased and appropriately-delivered feedback from your supervisor?
23. When changes are made in your workplace that affect your work, are you typically informed about them in a timely fashion?
Legal requirements and compliance
24. Is your workplace environment safe?
25. Is your workplace environment comfortable?
26. Have you ever seen or experienced discrimination at work?
27. Would you recommend that a friend apply for a job at our company? Why?
28. Do you feel proud of the products/services our company offers?
29. Do you feel that we are truly dedicated to customer satisfaction?
30. Do you feel that we are committed to quality?
31. What do you feel are the best things about the company in general?
32. What do you feel are the worst things about the company in general?
33. What do you think are the best things about your job?
34. What do you think are the worst things about your job?
With online survey tools such as PeoplePulse, staff surveys are so easy to deliver and analyse. So make the most of all that ease and practicality with some well-considered questions!
Let us know if we can help …
Trial Australian-built online staff survey tool
Click ‘Request Demo’ below for a free custom-branded demonstration of PeoplePulse: